Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What happened to first semester??

Wow...the school year is half way over. What the heck happened to the first semester? It has flown by that's for sure! I have learned more in the last semester then I did in a combined 4 years of college that's for sure. I haven't loved every minute of it, but that's how it is with any job. Overall, I am loving it more and more everyday.

I applied to an on-line Master's program for Adapted PE, the only one in the US, and I got it. But wait, it gets better! I was able to get a grant/scholarship and my tuition and books is going to be totally paid for. Isn't that sweet?!? I am way pumped! It's cool how the Lord just keeps reinforcing the fact that I am where I need to be. Change is always so tough and uncomfortable, but that's when we grow the most. I feel like I have grown more in the last 6 months then I have in a long time. It's great.

3 more days until Christmas break! I must admit, I'm looking forward to having a few days off, but not really looking forward to break. The tonsils are coming out on the 20th...so that is how I will spend my 2 weeks of Christmas break, but hey, better now than ever.

This Christmas I find myself blessed in more ways than I could image. My health is something that I have taken for granted. Sure, I have had a few health issues, but nothing major. I work with 7 year olds fighting cancer, students who were abused as infants, and a handful of kids who are nonverbal, and can't communicate with their families and friends. Yet, they are some of the happiest, loving kids I know. Wow...I'm just blessed. And I don't know why.

Merry Christmas to all...may the Lord bless you and your family this holiday season.

3 comments:

aunteem said...

Yep...working with the kids you do gives you an entirely new perspective on life doesn't it?

Good luck with the tonsils.....if the dr. is saying 2 weeks to recover I would ask that you go see someone else my dear!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Hill on getting into the masters program AND for the grant/scholarship money! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you!

the fredin's said...

awww, how did I miss your Christmas update?! Probably because I am just now checking blogs again for the first time in over a month. Love your update! Love you!