Tuesday, August 21, 2007

back to school....

well it was the end of the summer about a week ago, so here is my update on my life.

Kamp...don't even really know where to start. I was praying all last semester that God would rock my world this summer, and he did, he was successful! Ask and you shall recieve I guess. The girls were great, we definitely had our share of struggles, but to see God soften and work in their hearts in the 2 weeks they were there was amazing. I told them that I think I learned way more than they did, which I think is a definite possibility. I am ready to go back, depending on where the Lord takes me next summer, maybe to Ethiopia with Erin :], hopefully the Lord will direct me back to kanakuk, I love being able to pour into those girls lives and just love on them, I can't imagine a better way to spend my sumer.

Now it's back at school, which I was excited for, but now that I am here and have just spent the last week with the most amazing people in Sterling, I am excessively excited. (yes I looked that up). But seriously, I have the most amazing friends and I am so excited to tackle the obstacles that this year will present knowing that we have each other's back. The Lord is going to do amazing things on our campus and I am so blessed to be a part of it.

Well I'm off to play my wii...later gators!

4 comments:

the fredin's said...

Thank you for updating :) I like the phrase "excessively excited" :). Good word usage :). Well I will be praying for even greater things for you to be a part of this school year...it has already started :). I can't wait to see what God is going to do on that campus with all the awesome RA's and leadership that there is at Sterling right now...pretty sweet.
Love you so much!!

aunteem said...

so, erin's going to ethopia? maybe...as long as you go too!
have a great year...hope to see you soon! i updated tonight too!

the fredin's said...

so i know the start of school has been a little harder than expected but you are handling it with amazing grace. know that you are being prayed for every day!! i love you so much! (time for an update :)

the fredin's said...

look at you, rackin up the comments on here :). well i am hoping that i get to see you tonight!! if not, i will be sad...and i might not ever get over it...