Tuesday, July 29, 2008

i rejoice...

Psalm 118:24

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I rejoice that I am tired, because that means that I have a job.
I rejoice that my feet hurt, becuase that means that I am able to walk.
I rejoice that I got wet walking outside, because that means that it is raining.
I rejoice that I get cold sitting inside, because it means that I have a house that is airconditioned.
I rejoice that sometimes my clothes fit a little tight, because it means that I have enough food to eat.
I rejoice that my car doesn't start very well, because it means that I have transportation.
I rejoice the fact that I miss my friends from school, because it means that I love and am loved.
I rejoice that I have a broken heart at the loss of our dog after 14 years, because it means that we were blessed to have him around for so long.
I rejoice that I have student loans, because it means that I am able to go to college.
I rejoice that I am still awake at 1am, because it means that I am catching up with old friends.
I rejoice that I get annoyed with doctor appointments, because it means that we have insurance and are able to take care of our health.
I rejoice that I have friends and family that love me, even on days when I don't seem to love myself.
I rejoice that I serve a God who is big, so much bigger than I could ever imagine, that cares about the deepest and most hidden part of my heart.


I rejoice, because no matter how tough days can be, God has made the day, and waits for us to find and seek Him in the midst of it.

5 comments:

the fredin's said...

that's awesome hill. I love it! Good post...keep em coming :) love you!

aunteem said...

you and me both sweet child.
i am so sorry about sweet puppy. it is so hard to say goodbye. i know kellie is about ready to adopt out! in case you need doggie energy....
i sure do love you

aunteem said...

you know the closer to erin coming home the more i miss her...i'm so ready to see the child!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH....WHAT HAPPENED TO TUCKER???????? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
and good post...i'll post in a few...

e.r.i.c.a said...

hillary, that was really nice. I think that acutally just helped me realize some stuff. I lovvvve you. thanks for all your advice.