Wednesday, October 22, 2008

searching for new strength...

Isiah 40:29-31
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who wait in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


So this verse has been up on the wall in my room for a year now, and I didn't realize how much I needed it until I walked into my room today. Strength to the weary, power to the weak. Those both describe me..so I will wait on the Lord to find new strength.

I went back to the doctor today and am back in a hard cast for 3 weeks. Then back to a boot again and then hopefully walking. We are starting over from square one, because my foot was just getting worse and not really better. So the goal was thanksgiving/start of December, then it was January, and now, well basketball season is not very likely. That's what the doctor said anyways. I guess we will see though.

Now it's just a matter of figuring out where I fit on the team. Trying to see how I can still help the team out and be a leader on the team, without being able to have an active role. I just want to be whatever they need me to be.

So for now...I am searching for new strength

4 comments:

aunteem said...

I am so sorry for the constant up and down with your foot. I am praying more diligently for your healing. Your role in bball is still critical, they need your leadership on this team...E needs your help with the positive leadership you both bring! ..though I know it is harder when you're not on the court.
Lean on Jesus...
Read Romans 8:26-28...I like this version from the Message.
Loving You,
Mom 2
Romans 8:26-28
"Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

the fredin's said...

"They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint"...that is going to be you. how awesome that you have walked past that verse everyday, but on the day you needed it, it spoke to you. I like the part of the verse that says ..they will walk and not be faint. I have faith! You will.
We are still praying for you, and will continue to ask God for your healing. Whether playing or sitting on the bench you are already and will be a great leader and influence to these girls on the team. Keep that chin up :) Love you so much!

Unknown said...

Ditto to the comments above! I'm sure you are so frustrated, but God is trying to teach you something. Whether it be dealing with a coaching role for the future, or just patience in general. The Lord will heal your foot in his time, perhaps protecting you from a worse injury this season. He definitely knows what is going on. And I'm so glad you have the attitude that walking is more important right now! I love you as well, and need my Hillary fix!

Melisa said...

praying for you!
its not about how many times we get knocked down...its about how many times we get back up!