Friday, July 23, 2010

Every new beginning is some beginnings end..

Well here's to a new beginning. I have officially been in my new apartment 1 week, which is just crazy, and it's been quite a week. I have experienced all sorts of new things. Which doesn't take much coming from a town of 1500, but I must say that the change is going well. I finally found a place to park at the Capital today so I could get my drivers license address changed and when I walked out, I was able to find my car again. A good sign :)

We interviewed a para today to work with me. Hopefully he will accept, he sounded really interested. He is actually from Bethel and a Health/PE major. I officially have 43 kids on my case load for the year, so a para will be a great help! My first official meeting is Aug 3, but I will probably be doing school work from now until then. I have a lot of research to do and things to learn, I have a feeling this year will be a year of learning. More so even than when I was at Sterling. On-the-job training I guess you could call this. However, I feel like this is where I am supposed to be. Everything has fallen into place so easily, from the job to the apartment to hopefully the new para. I've been told it's never this easy, so I think that there is a big guy who has a hand in this one :)

I took some pictures of my new place on my camera, but I have to find my camera cord in order to put them up. I guess that's part of moving, finding where you put everything! I'll get them up soon hopefully. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

aunteem said...

Sounds like a great first week Hillary!