Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Job, New Town

Well here I sit in Topeka in my new apartment. Wow, that's a little strange to say. I'm not sure it has really sunk in yet, some of it did when Mom and Dad left this afternoon, but the reality that this is my home now, nope pretty sure that one will take a while!

To update you a little, I signed a contract to teach Adaptive PE with the Auburn-Washburn School District on Monday, found an apartment that afternoon, and then moved in Friday. It has been a whirlwind of a week, however it has been great to see how things have fallen together. It was a fluke that my apartment was open, normally they don't have any, and at the start of the week I had pretty much nothing to move out with, and then by the end, our friends had given me a couch and a recliner along with many other odds and ends needed in an apartment. I am amazed at how the Lord has pieced this all together, and I'm excited to see how he continues to work.

I have never lived in a town of more than 2000 people, so moving here is a big change. However, I have already found a few things around to make it feel like home. About 2 miles East of me there are a bunch of cornfields. A mile South there is a huge grain elevator. I live on the north side of Topeka, it's acutally outside of the city limits about 4 miles, but is a perfect little place for me. I'll try to upload some pictures when I get them.

I'm sure I will be writing more often, because I have a feeling living by yourself can get kind of lonely. For now, I guess I'll head to the mall!

2 comments:

aunteem said...

Been thinking about you this weekend. Keeping you in our prayers as you adjust to your new home!

Sarah and JR said...

so proud of you hillary! :o)