Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A little patience...



Well I was looking for a picture for this update, because well, everyone likes a picture. Not just words all of the time. And after some researching on google images of the garden of eden, I decided it best not to post one of those. So I chose my favorite flower, my happy flower. And decided to post it.

So here is my post, I know this is happening more often than not now, but what I can say, I live by myself and get bored!

I was reading the other day and came across this ever-so-popular passage about Adam and Eve. You know the story, Even eats the apple, then shares with Adam, then the fall of man happens and we have painful childbirths. That's the gist of it. But as I was reading through it I noticed this convo with the snake...

The snake is talking to Eve about eating the apple and says,
"You won't die. God knows that the moment you eat from that tree, you'll see what is really going on. You'll be just like God, knowing everything, ranging all the way from good to evil."

This is what I realized...Eve had good intentions in eating the apple. She just wanted to know what was going on, she was curious. She wanted more knowledge, to become more aware of the things around her, to know the plan. And then I thought, ding ding ding, that would be me! If I would have been Eve, I would have done the same thing. I have great intention in knowing what is going on, I just want to be able to plan things, to protect people, to prepare myself for God's next step. But that's not how it works. Even with Eve's good intentions, it wasn't her place to know.

So I know that I'm not always going to know what's going on, or what's supposed to be happening, but it's comforting to know that even since the start of man, people have felt the same way. So that's where my thoughts end today. In wanting to know, but knowing that for centuries we have all wanted to know, but it's not really about us, or our timing.

1 comment:

aunteem said...

Keep learning, and sharing what you learn! Thanks!