Saturday, August 21, 2010

Round 2

Well things have certainly picked up around here, and I have a sneaky feeling they will only get busier. But I'm not complaining, it gives me something to do :)

Its kind of hard to see in this picture, but that was the sky the other night. Dark stormy clouds, then some pink, then blue skies. It was pretty crazy. We have had some intense storms since I have been here. They are pretty fun to watch!





School has started, although I officially start with my kids tomorrow. We have the schedule figured out, for now at least, so tomorrow starts the real job. I'm excited, a little nervous, but mostly excited. Hopefully things go well. I'm learning that the teachers just want consistency, because I guess last year there wasn't any. So my goal is to set a new standard, a higher level of expectations.

I am currently going through round 2 of antibiotics for tonsilitis. I'm not sure if I ever was completely over it, or if it just came up again. I'm learning that not having insurance is not very much fun. You plan and budget and then all of a sudden when things are pretty set, life throws you a curve ball. But that's part of it :)

I have decided that there is nothing better than watching someone discover Christ. I am blessed to be on the other side of it now, watching a young friend find Him. Helping her discover things, answering what questions I can, and just being here. It's cool to see the Lord move, to completely change someone from the inside out. He's pretty good at that.

Other than that, things are going well here. Enjoying being busy everyday. :) But here is to round 2 of school, round 2 of antibiotics, and round 2 of a new life in and new start in Christ. Cheers!

2 comments:

aunteem said...

Good luck with the balancing of the schedule and all your schools! I know it is a real challenge! the scary looking clouds pic is really cool! I will make daddy t. bring me to come see you some Sat in Topeka! :)

the fredin's said...

YAY for round 2's! :) I didn't even know you were updating your blog again. I'm gonna have to keep up now! Glad your first day with kids went well today.
LOVE YOU!